Tag Archives: geeetech

3d printer upgrade in the works

Recently I’ve been trying to print some replacement cups for the anemometer on my 1-wire weather station. The existing ones have started to decay quite badly so I thought I’d try to print some replacements using PLA, with a view … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment

3d printing project for this weekend

My 3D printer kit came with a PSU, power connector socket and power switch, but there’s nowhere on the frame to attach them even if I wanted to and nothing else is provided to stop you getting a “tingly finger … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Reducing stringing in my 3d prints

I tried printing a couple of 3d printer torture tests (for example, this one and found quite a bit of stringing between the smaller elements that I really wasn’t happy with. To try to address that I found a quicker … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Geeetech Prusa i3 Aluminium axis calibration

My first step in calibrating the printer was to check the filament feed rate. There didn’t seem much sense working on anything else if filament wasn’t getting to the nozzle at the correct rate. So once again I removed the … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Uploading Geeetech Sanguino firmware from Mint 19/Ubuntu 18.04

This evening I dared to hit the “upload” button after compiling Geeetech’s firmware. I was immediately faced with a huge number of timeouts and other errors that all looked quite horrible, but somewhat reminiscent of a baud rate mismatch. Enabling … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Compiling the Geeetech Sanguino firmware with a recent Arduino IDE

As I have posted previously, trying to compile the Geeetech Sanguino firmware with a recent version of the Arduino IDE results in the following errors: In file included from sketch/SdFile.h:27:0, from sketch/cardreader.h:8, from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:44: SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Mint19/Ubuntu 18.04 configuring arduino IDE to work with Geeetech Sanguino

Before I start work tuning my Geeetech Prusa i3 clone I thought I’d best get to the point where I can rebuild the firmware supplied by Geeetech. Their firmware appears to be based on an early version of the Marlin … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Geeetech Aluminium Prusa i3 clone: 3DBenchy

I should perhaps have taken some time to do some printer “tuning”, but look, it works! So clearly I want to print stuff out, not play with the innards even more! 3DBenchy (or BenchyMcBenchFace as it is now known in … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Geeetech Aluminium Prusa i3 clone, first “upgrades”

A couple of things niggled me during testing that were simple to fix so I thought I’d make a note of them here… First, the USB connector (where the controller board connects to a PC) means that the supplied USB … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Geeetech Aluminium Prusa i3 clone build review

I posted a while back that I’d bought one of these to build with the children as a summer holiday project. As it turned out my son didn’t seem that interested, but my daughter has got involved with the build … Continue reading

Posted in 3D Printing | Tagged , | Leave a comment