This is an ex filter wheel!

I was having trouble getting my Xagyl filter wheel working with Ekos last night, partly because INDI fights with the serial subsystem thanks to both the wheel and the NEQ6 mount using /dev/ttyUSBn devices. I worked around the entire problem by switching to a different wheel in the end, but having brought the Xagyl wheel indoors to have a better look at the problem I discovered that the motor wasn’t turning the carousel. I removed the carousel and the motor began to move jerkily. It looks like this little bit is dead:

I’ve emailed Xagyl to see if they can help out, but if not I think it will go into my stack of future projects and I’ll build a new filter wheel from it using an Arduino or something like that.

This entry was posted in Astro Equipment, Astronomy. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *