Time to start some actual construction!
Whilst the PCB was uncluttered I decided the first job would be to solder on the headers for the Arduino, so I used the junior hacksaw to cut a couple of 15-pin lengths from the headers. I kept the blade up tight to the sixteenth pin so as to avoid exposing the fifteenth. If the finished cut is a bit ragged, a couple of gentle strokes with fine sandpaper cleans it up.
I used a couple of the male pin headers to keep the headers in the correct positions whilst soldering and to balance the board when it was upside down.
Then flipped it over and soldered all the pins
I didn’t notice at the time, but I need to clean up the two top right pins just a little when I next have the soldering iron hot.
And from the upper side of the board…
Next I’ll get all the resistors done I think.