A while back I posted an image of M27 and it was suggested that I grabbed some OIII data which would show up the outer wings of the PN. As almost no-one in the UK will be unaware, the weather has not been kind, but I managed to get a couple of hours worth of OIII in ten minute subs which I have now added to the data I originally captured.
This is showing the outer wings, but they’re really quite faint. Like the image of the Crescent nebula that I posted earlier, I think I need to get into separating the stars from the nebula so I can pull more out of the data without the star colours getting completely messed up. More data to work with in the first place would probably help too, though it’s a bit late for that this year. It’ll have to keep until next summer now.