When it came to assembling the case I’d printed it became obvious that the pillars supporting the circuit board really weren’t strong enough to withstand cables being inserted into and removed from the sockets on board the PCB. I decided therefore to print another version, this time with larger square pillars.
(I got bored of red, so this one is blue 🙂
This has worked much better and the PCB is now firmly supported against the forces placed on it via the sockets.
The design for the top was basically the same as the base, but with cut-outs for the sockets and a lip around the inside edge to fit into the base. It is a lovely snug fit which was a pleasant surprise. So snug in fact that I haven’t bothered putting in screws to hold the two halves of the case together.